Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about a/an villain in Bikini Rangers Wild Thunder.|
|Villain Type:||Leader/Dark Mistress|
|Hometown:||Berkeley, California, U.S.|
|First Apperance:||In The Beginning, Part I|
|Last Full Apperance:||Triassic Triumph|
|Status:||American pornographic actress, pornographic film director, sex educator, feminist, and author.|
|Number of Episode Appearances:||N/A (Bikini Rangers Wild Thunder)|
Nina Hartley is a fictional character from the universe of the franchise Bikini Rangers.
Marie Louise Hartman was born in Berkeley, California on March 11, 1959, to a Lutheran father and a Jewish mother whose family was from Alabama. She grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. She is the youngest of four children, with an older sister and two older brothers. Her parents converted to Buddhism when she was young. After graduating from high school in 1977, she attended San Francisco State University's undergraduate nursing school and graduated magna cum laude in 1985. She is a registered nurse.
Adult film career
Hartley in an undated photoIn 1982, during her sophomore year of nursing school, she started working as a stripper at Mitchell Brothers O'Farrell Theater. She made her foray into the world of pornographic movies during her junior year, in 1984. Her debut performance was in the film Educating Nina,  which was produced and directed by the veteran porn star Juliet Anderson (better known as "Aunt Peg"), and this proved to be a massive hit.
She stated in an interview that she chose the name "Nina" because it was easy for Japanese tourists to say during the time she was a dancer in San Francisco; "Hartley" was chosen as it was close to her own real last name and because she "wanted a name that sounded like that of a real person". She has said that when she got into the adult business, she was blessed with two popular fetish items: "big, baby-blue eyes and that round butt with a high, small waist", with her buttocks becoming her trademark.
Politically, Hartley currently considers herself a liberal and an outspoken sex-positive feminist, although for a time she was a socialist activist. Addressing other women, she said "Sex isn't something men do to you. It isn't something men get out of you. Sex is something you dive into with gusto and like it every bit as much as he does." Hartley has been an advocate for the adult film industry's right to exist, and, before the rise to stardom of Jenna Jameson, had often been called on when television news programs and talk shows required an articulate, leading adult film actress to support the pro side. She appeared most notably on The Oprah Winfrey Show with fellow porn actress Ona Zee. The two came under hard scrutiny from the mostly female audience, but refused to back down and were outspoken in their support of the industry. She and Ona Zee also spoke out strongly against illegal drugs in the industry.
Hartley crossed over into mainstream Hollywood with an appearance in the 1997 film Boogie Nights, in which she played William H. Macy's serially unfaithful wife. She also appeared in the 1996 Canadian film Bubbles Galore.
She married Ira Levine (aka Ernest Greene), a director of porn films, particularly BDSM films. They sometimes work together, as in The Ultimate Guide to Anal Sex for Women, directed by Tristan Taormino and Greene, and O: the Power of Submission, directed by Greene. In both of these films, Hartley plays supporting roles. The couple consider themselves Polyamorous.
Hartley remains active as of 2012. Appearing primarily in "mature"-themed pornography, she also has a line of instructional videos which are marketed under the Nina Hartley's Guide brand covering the entire sexual spectrum, from basic sexual intercourse and foreplay, to anal sex and bondage. In 2006 she published her first book Nina Hartley's Guide to Total Sex. In 2010, she quipped "Now I work with women who are younger than my breast implants".
Hartley has won numerous awards throughout her career, from various critic and fan organizations. The following is a list of her Adult Video News Awards.
- Best Non-Sex Performance for Not Bewitched XXX (2009)
- Best Specialty Tape – BDSM for Nina Hartley's Private Sessions 13 (2005)
- Best Specialty Tape – Spanking for Nina Hartley's Guide To Spanking (2005)
- Best Supporting Actress – Video for The Last X-Rated Movie (1991)
- Best Couples Sex Scene Film for Amanda By Night II (1987)
- Best Couples Sex Scene – Video for Sensual Escape (1989)
- Best Supporting Actress – Film for Portrait of an Affair (1989)
- Best Actress – Video for Debbie Duz Dishes (1987)
- Nicolas Barbano: Verdens 25 hotteste pornostjerner (Rosinante, Denmark 1999) ISBN 87-7357-961-0: Features a chapter on her.
- Timothy Greenfield-Sanders, Nina Hartley: XXX: 30 Porn-Star Portraits (Bulfinch, USA 2004) ISBN 0-8212-7754-5. (Features essay and introduction by Nina.)
- Nina Hartley: Nina Hartley's Guide to Total Sex (Avery, USA 2006) ISBN 1-58333-263-4
- Louis Marvin: The New Goddesses (AF Press, USA 1987): ISBN 0-912442-99-9 (Features a chapter on her.)
- David McCumber: X-Rated (Pinnacle Books, 1996) ISBN 0-7860-1113-0. p139–149.
- ^ a b c d e Christina (2008-05-08). "Interview with Nina Hartley". AIPdaily. http://aipdaily.com/interview-with-nina-hartley/. Retrieved 2008-05-18.
- ^ a b Nina Hartley at the Internet Adult Film Database
- ^ "14 arrested in reported live Vegas sex show". San Jose Mercury News. 1993-01-11. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=SJ&s_site=mercurynews&p_multi=SJ&p_theme=realcities&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EB71A8441103964&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM. Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- ^ "Atheism ethics & pornography: The Humanist interview with Nina Hartley". Humanist. 2010. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1374/is_5_70/ai_n55224287/.
- ^ a b c d Sheldon Ranz (Spring 1989). "Interview: Nina Hartley". Shmate: A Magazine of Progressive Jewish Thought. Archived from the original on 2006-08-22. http://web.archive.org/web/20060822201624/redgarterclub.bravehost.com/Nina_ShmateInterview+(1989)/NH_ShmateInterview.html. Retrieved 2008-05-18.
- ^ a b c "There’s a Place in Porn Where the Naked Women Fornicate: Nina Hartley’s Guide to Life". sexherald.com. http://www.sexherald.com/sex-industry-interviews/theres_a_place_in_porn_where_the_naked_women_fornicate-_nina_hartleys_guide_to_life.html. Retrieved 2008-05-18.
- ^ Stephanie Nolen (1999-04-24). "The thinking woman's porn star speaks out". Globe and Mail. Archived from the original on 1999-04-25. http://www.walnet.org/csis/news/toronto_99/gandm-990424.html. Retrieved 2008-05-18.
- ^ "AVN Nina Hartley". AVN. http://www.avn.com/porn-stars/Nina-Hartley-250651.html. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- ^ David Sullivan (2009-03-11). "Happy Birthday, Nina Hartley". business.avn.com. http://business.avn.com/articles/Happy-Birthday-Nina-Hartley-307080.html. Retrieved July 21, 2010.
- ^ "About Nina Hartley". nina.com. http://www.nina.com/bio.htm. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- ^ McLemee, Scott. (February 6, 1997). "Sect Appeal." Salon.
- ^ Bubbles Galore (1996)
- ^ Mourra, Sarah (November 22, 2000). "Porn Star Talks Sex to Students". The Daily Californian. http://www.dailycal.org/sharticle.php?id=4042. Retrieved 2007-11-14
- ^ http://www.thehumanist.org/humanist/10_sept_oct/Shaffer.html
- ^ "Nina Hartley: Information & Biography". http://www.ninahartley.co.uk/aboutnina.html. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- ^ "Amazon: Nina Hartley's Guide to Total Sex". http://www.amazon.com/Nina-Hartleys-Guide-Total-Sex/dp/1583332634. Retrieved 2008-12-23.
- ^ Lynn Comella (2010-10-06). "Las Vegas Weekly: Nina Hartley's adult film career has been long, distinguished and trailblazing—and it’s far from over". www.lasvegasweekly.com. http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/2010/oct/06/nina-hartleys-adult-film-career-has-been-long-dist. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- ^ a b "Hustler Video Does It Again With Palin Parody". Hustler World. 2008-10-08. http://www.hustlerworld.com/news/2008/10/hustler_video_does_it_again_wi.html. Retrieved 2008-10-06.
- ^ "Nailin' Palin". Masturbation Invasion. 2008-10-06. http://masturbationinvasion.blogspot.com/2008/10/nailin-palin.html. Retrieved 2008-10-06.
- ^ David Sullivan (2009-01-11). "2009 AVN Award-Winners Announced". AVN.com. http://business.avn.com/articles/34090.html. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
Bikini Rangers Wild Thunder
To Be Added
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Nina Hartley|
- Real Nina Hartley on Wikipedia and Boobpedia (WARNING: EXPLICT CONTENT)
- Hyakkimaru - Super Sentai counterpart in Gaoranger. (original Master Org)
- Master Org - Power Rangers counterpart in Wild Force.
- Org Master - Super Sentai counterpart in Gaoranger.
- Ultimate Org Senki - Super Sentai counterpart in Gaoranger. (final form)
- Gorma Emperor XV- The Suit from Gosei Sentai Dairanger That was used for Master Org.